Monday, September 26, 2011

Skippy Says: Showin' A Little Leg (OOTD)

When I was little, though older than I'd care to publicly admit so I'll keep it vague, my cousin and I used to play a game called "CC." We were sisters, both named Kelly, since we both wanted to be Kelly Kapowski from Saved By The Bell. Who didn't, right? That hair, those cute little outfits, and that hunky Zack Morris for a boyfriend. Except we didn't know Kelly was spelled with a "K" and not a "C." Hence, "CC" for "Celly Celly." Brilliant, I know.

We'd most often play "CC" at my grandma and grandpa's house. Every Saturday morning after going to the synagogue, my brother, cousins, and I would walk the few blocks down to my grandma's house for brunch. And while I'd be lying if I said she was a good cook, I can honestly say I loved the food she made those Saturday mornings: boiled potatoes with butter and dill, Russian style tuna salad with cheese and walnuts, sliced Russian cheese, and tons of veggies. I know it doesn't sound glamorous, but the nostalgia for those tastes seriously still makes my mouth water.

When my grandma was alive, she often told me that I dressed too conservatively. "It doesn't ever hurt a lady to show a little more leg," she told me, and insisted that she managed to get her job because her boss "did not look uninterested in her legs." Grandma, I'm showin' a little leg just for you.










Shop:
- Target dress (paired with a different belt)
- Anthropologie belt (circa 2008 or early 2009? No longer available. Buy similar here and here)
- Vince Camuto shoes (bought on sale, buy on sale here)
- Vintage scarf (from San Francisco vintage expo, $10)
- Treasure Island flea market purse
- Earrings gift from my parents from a trip they took to Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...