Monday, September 12, 2011

Skippy Says: Breaking All The Rules (OOTD)

Remember that rebellious streak I mentioned? Well, it also transcends into wearing white after labor day. Oh yeah, I'm a badass like that.

And the rebelliousness continues with my refusal to buy anything full price. Like with most things in my closet, all of the items in this outfit were purchased on sale. Well, with the exception of the cardigan, but that was a gift from my mother-in-law. I've only owned it for a few months, but I've already nearly worn it to death because I love it so much. The skirt was a major score for $30 on it's 3rd cut or so from BCBG (note: if it was originally $30 that would NOT be a major score). I love a good basic pencil skirt so I gabbed this one in both white and gray a couple years back and have been getting lots of use out of both. And the top I picked up for under $20 when Mango was having one of its many 70% off blowout sales. I actually wore it to my bridal shower with a different white skirt and I love how it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.

And the bag. Oh, the bag. My very first and only designer bag, but hopefully one of many more to come. I spotted in on Kate Spade's website for 30% off and promptly sent my husband an email asking if I had done anything good to deserve it lately. Shortly thereafter I received an email in my inbox with an order confirmation. I know, he's a keeper this one. The deal became even sweeter when the bag went on further sale and I called in and got a price adjustment. Oh yeah, that's the stuff.




      



Shop:
-BCBG skirt (circa 2008, no longer available. Buy similar herehere, or here)
-Mango top (circa 2010, no longer available. Buy similar here, here, or here)
- Kersh brand cardigan from a little boutique in Mill Valley, CA (No longer available. Buy similar here or here)
- Shoes from random little store in Germany (Buy similar here)
- Kate Spade purse (buy here or here in different colors)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...